WE PROVIDE LEGAL guidance.
We EMPOWER PEOPLE TO MAKE DECISIONS.
The mission and purpose of HDUARTE-LEX is to erradicate discrimination due to sexual orientation and gender identity.
Our vision is to be the first choice in the region to resolve arbitral, judicial and social conflicts. In the core of HDUARTE-LEX.
Values: empathy, commitment, transparency, diversity and respect for the dignity of people.
HDUARTE-LEX, is a boutique law firm in Costa Rica specialized in arbitration and human rights. HDUARTE-LEX was founded in april 2017 by the swiss salvadoran citizen: Herman M. Duarte.
HDUARTE-LEX method of work includes practical approaches to life, business and legal decision making. We provide immediate response, 24/7 availability and the highest quality of legal advice in the market. Our compromise is to assure that our clients can have a better sleep at night by knowing that we take care of their interests.
"Herman Duarte of HDUARTE-Lex specialises in handling complex litigation and arbitration. Clients say: "He has great attention to detail and is very pleasant to work with." He is qualified to practise in both El Salvador and Costa Rica, and offers significant expertise relating to Salvadoran law. "
Chambers & Partners, 2017 Global Guide
Speaker in over 30 law conferences/lectures addressing: international arbitration, psychological analysis of arbitration and LGBT rights; reaching a total audience of over 1000 practitioners of bachelor, PhD and professional level in 8 countries in the American Continent.
Events organized by HARVARD Law School, Chambers & Partners, NIKE Mexico, COLUMBIA University, Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, UPEACE, ICC-YAF, Universidad de Costa Rica, ULACIT, DENTONS, Universidad José Matias Delgado (PHD level), UTN, Costa Rican Young Arbitrators, Salvadoran Chamber of Commerce, AMCHAM-LIMA and the General Attorney´s Office of the Republic of El Salvador
HDUARTE-LEX is the legal arm of the Igualitos Foundation, which fights to achieve inclusion of the LGBTI populations in Latin America.
To date, the following incident actions have been carried out:
1. Equal Marriage Claim in El Salvador
2. Additional equal marriage claim to block the constitutional reform attempt by conservative congress man.
3. Writing of the memorandums that were presented for the thematic hearing that was held on the 161th session of the Interamerican Commission of Human Rights this past March, this per request of COMCAVIS TRANS that asked for our help in denouncing the hate crimes that the LGBTI community face in El Salvador.
4. Cycle of conferences organized for Dr. John Corvino´s first official visit in Latin America. The Igualitos Foundation organized events with Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología (ULACIT), Dentons Muñoz, University for Peace (United Nations), Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Costa Rica, among others.
5. Written and oral hearings that were held this past May 16 and 17th at the Interamerican Court of Human Rights for the Advisory Opinion 24 that was initiated by the Republic of Costa Rica to determine whether the states had the obligation to regulate same sex couples and to issue a gender identity law